The Reveal- Part 2
So as I said Friday Rebecca & I went to Wal.mart where I wanted to look for a shirt to paint "Big Sister In Training" on with fabric paints. I wasn't finding anything and Rebecca suggested getting a hat and painting "Big Sister" on it. The stubborn preggo in me stated "I don't want a hat- I want a shirt." Luckily I found a tank top which happened to be on clearance! Yay clearance! Anyway after getting home from visiting John I found a font I wanted to use for the shirt, printed out the text and proceeded to decorate the shirt. Instead of saying "Big Sister in Training" it said "Big Sis In Training" because I miscalculated the spacing between "Big" and "Sister".
Anyway flash forward to Saturday- my niece, Madison, came over to spend the weekend again. We headed to my parents' house to pick up my mom to go to Oli.ve Gar.den (yum!). I figured that instead of waiting for my mom to notice the shirt- because who knew how long that would be- I would point it out. Mom reads the shirt, looks up at me and says "Are you trying to tell me something?" And I say "Yes." Then I go in the kitchen & show my dad. He reads it and looks at me... and that was it. Then I asked him if he was going to give me a hug. He gave me this weird look (dad & I don't really hug) and hugged me. Well as it turns out dad didn't really read the shirt and so it didn't click. My mom explained it and then he got it LoL
Sunday I wore the shirt on Delilah again to show my grandma. She read the shirt and was like "Big Sis in Training". It wasn't clicking for her either so mom clarified it for her.
Monday I wore the shirt on Delilah AGAIN to show John's mom and dad. His mom read the shirt and says to me "What does that mean?" To which I reply "That we're going to have a baby."
And that is how we told our family. O by the way- if you're a friend of mine on FB don't mention it because there are people I work with on there that I don't want knowing right now.
As I said Saturday my niece came to spend the weekend- we picked up my mom to go to Oli.ve Gar.den and then after that stopped at this craft store. It totally sucked. After lunch we went home and Delilah & I both napped (sorry Madison for that boring hour and a half!). Mom & dad came over then so that Rebecca & I could take Madison to the movies. We went to see De.spicable M.e. Totally cute! Sunday we went to my parents' for Sunday dinner and then we went to visit John. After that I took Madison home and then it was back home for Delilah & I.
The finished product

The best pic I could get of her in the shirt

Madison n Delilah

This is my fav pic of these two
Anyway flash forward to Saturday- my niece, Madison, came over to spend the weekend again. We headed to my parents' house to pick up my mom to go to Oli.ve Gar.den (yum!). I figured that instead of waiting for my mom to notice the shirt- because who knew how long that would be- I would point it out. Mom reads the shirt, looks up at me and says "Are you trying to tell me something?" And I say "Yes." Then I go in the kitchen & show my dad. He reads it and looks at me... and that was it. Then I asked him if he was going to give me a hug. He gave me this weird look (dad & I don't really hug) and hugged me. Well as it turns out dad didn't really read the shirt and so it didn't click. My mom explained it and then he got it LoL
Sunday I wore the shirt on Delilah again to show my grandma. She read the shirt and was like "Big Sis in Training". It wasn't clicking for her either so mom clarified it for her.
Monday I wore the shirt on Delilah AGAIN to show John's mom and dad. His mom read the shirt and says to me "What does that mean?" To which I reply "That we're going to have a baby."
And that is how we told our family. O by the way- if you're a friend of mine on FB don't mention it because there are people I work with on there that I don't want knowing right now.
As I said Saturday my niece came to spend the weekend- we picked up my mom to go to Oli.ve Gar.den and then after that stopped at this craft store. It totally sucked. After lunch we went home and Delilah & I both napped (sorry Madison for that boring hour and a half!). Mom & dad came over then so that Rebecca & I could take Madison to the movies. We went to see De.spicable M.e. Totally cute! Sunday we went to my parents' for Sunday dinner and then we went to visit John. After that I took Madison home and then it was back home for Delilah & I.
The finished product
The best pic I could get of her in the shirt
Madison n Delilah
This is my fav pic of these two
Comments
I love the shirt by the way!
And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am soooo excited for you and your family!! I too was hoping your news from last week was about a pregnancy and was so thrilled to read about it!! You had me in suspense all weekend ;)