The Williams Family of.... 4

Well Ciera guessed it- although I can't say my post was that elusive LoL John & I are expecting baby #2. Delilah is going to be a big sister! Needless to say I am in shock- we were lucky enough to not only conceive in 2 cycles but to do it without the use of fertility drugs. I was definitely ready to be in it for the long haul but someone had a different plan.

We just found out Friday. I was going to wait until Saturday morning if I didn't have AF by then but I was impatient & didn't want to wait. I wanted to test using what is referred to as an IC or internet cheapie. I got these pregnancy tests from babyho.pes.com so I could test in case I thought I was pregnant even if I wasn't. Anyway I realized that the tests were upstairs and I couldn't think of an excuse to go upstairs so that plan was fizzled. Then I remembered that two tests came with the ovulation strips I ordered and that they were still downstairs. So I grabbed one and went off to the bathroom. I dipped the stick and waited. When I looked at it I didn't see anything and immediately thought that I shouldn't have even tested & that I should've known AF would be starting later that night. I looked at the test again and thought I saw the beginning of a line. I looked again and there it was even darker! I was so excited but didn't want to tell John yet. I wanted to go to CVS and get a name brand test so I could back it up but couldn't leave yet because John was still here.

As soon as John left I packed Delilah up in the car and headed to CVS. I picked up a FRER (First Response Early Pregnancy test) and went home to take it. I dipped the stick and the line popped up immediately. It was also darker than it was when I had tested when I was pregnant with Delilah. I wanted to think of a neat way to tell John since the first time around I didn't get to surprise him (he knew something was up) but I couldn't think of anything. My friend R & I went to see her house that she inherited when her grandfather passed away so she could show me the wonderful job her mom had done painting. After that we went to Walmart so I could get a shirt to paint "Big Sister in Training" on to tell our family that we were expecting another baby. When we were done there we headed in to see John at work so I could take him a cord for his PS3 and tell him the news.

My plan was to give Delilah the test and have her give it to John. I was going to tell him that Delilah had found something. So I could give it to her without him seeing I went to take her to see the grass cow she loves. John follows us out so that kind of foils that plan. We went back inside and I had to go to the bathroom so I asked Delilah if she wanted to go with me (she likes to try to flush the toilet). I gave her the test in there and when we went back out I said to John "Delilah found something in the bathroom." He asked what it was & I said that I didn't know. It took a bit for her to give it to him but she finally did. He looked at the test and said "That's good." Dork LoL

So that was how I told John. How we told our parents will be next as I feel like crap and need to get off the computer.

The IC

The FRER

Comments

Anonymous said…
Congratulations my friend, I am so HAPPY for you !
Colton's Mommy said…
Congrats!! I am very happy for you and John and I am sure Deliah will be a great big sister.
Misty Dawn said…
Congrats to you! Only two C's of trying must be an awesome surprise.
Ashley Rawlings said…
Congrats again, Liz and John! Two cycles was a lovely surprise for you both!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway