Delilah- 1, Vegetables- 0

Delilah does not like solid vegetables- we can't get her to eat anything except for cucumbers & carrots (not cooked). I feel like a horrible mother because she's still eating baby food vegetables. Nothing else baby food- just vegetables. It's like though if she doesn't she won't get vegetables at all. You can only give the kid cucumbers so many times a week. It's not like we haven't tried- we've tried putting some butter on them. We've tried spaghetti sauce (this suggestion was in the newspaper- spaghetti sauce & parmsean cheese). Each was a big fat NO.

Today I tried steaming some greenbeans & serving them with ketchup (at the suggestion of Ashley). I got her to put the greenbean in her mouth with the ketchup on it but she just spit it out. She is sooo stubborn- just like her momma LoL With the next baby I think I might want to make my own babyfood. There is a big difference in the taste between the fresh stuff & the babyfood... I know because I got some greenbean on my hand before & just licked it off. Yea- I'd rather have the fresh stuff. I wonder if the difference in taste is just that much of an issue for her.

Comments

Try pureeing *sp* the veggies! Steam them, then blend them up. Put them in her favorite foods. If she'll eat mashed potatoes, you can mash up steamed Cauliflower and add them to the potatoes. You can add veggies to brownies, and lots of other stuff too. Then she'll think she's getting her favorite things, and she'll get veggies too!
Here's a link to some ideas.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/291080/5_easy_recipe_ideas_for_add_vegetables.html
If you google it you can find more! I hope this helps!
Ashley Rawlings said…
Awww don't feel bad, Liz! It's not your fault with the veggies. Kids are stubborn and certain things they just won't eat. A lot of times it is a texture issue. I'm sorry the ketchup didn't work... that's usually the 1st thing someone suggests (or at least to me they did when the boys wouldn't eat something.) Landon's got a meat issue (which is also very common.) He refuses to eat most meats (and the kid won't eat peanut butter either.) Shawn's got an issue with things like mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes (things of that nature he hates.)

(((hugs))) mama!
Elizabeth said…
Thanks for making me feel better Ash :)

Ciera- I never thought of that. She has eaten a green bean unknowingly when I stuck it in her sandwich so maybe that would work. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mom said…
Wow, great ideas. Thank god for friends!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway

Gosh I suck