Nose Boop

The day before yesterday I was holding Delilah & I asked her where mommy's nose was and she pointed to it! Then John asked her where daddy's nose was and she pointed to his too!! We're still trying to get her to find her own nose :-) Yesterday we went to visit Uncle Aaron & Uncle Tracy. On the way there I was showing Delilah how to give high fives with an open hand. I showed her a few times and then I asked her if she could give mommy a high five. And she did!! Earlier today I asked her for a high five again and again she did! It's so great seeing them learning to do the things you've showed them :-D Uncle Aaron cooked dinner for us & John and I supplied dessert (unfortunately something store bought since we didn't have time to make anything ourselves). It was a 3 layer chocolate cake. For some reason- even though I vowed to John after the icing tasting at Auntie Ashley's that she wouldn't have anything else like that until her birthday- I decided to give her a little taste of cake. Boy-o did she like it! She was very upset when I wouldn't let her have more. At least we know she'll probably be diving in to the cake we give her on her birthday!! Hopefully not too much in but also not too much everywhere else LoL

Today was another amazing first. My mom was out on the back porch with Delilah & my grandma. The week before last Delilah actually let my grandma hold her. Last week she was back to being a little iffy about it. But then an amazing site did we behold. She reached for my grandma to take her! As soon as she left the comfort of my mom's arms she was reaching right back for her. But later on she did it again & this time let my grandma keep hold of her. I'm so glad that she's finally warmed up to her more.

Delilah just turned 11 months last Monday. I cannot believe my little darling is going to be one whole year old next month. I'm saddened by this but also totally excited. A lot of wonderful people are coming out to celebrate the day she was born & I can't wait for us all to get together here for some great food, cake & of course the blessed event that brought us all together. Delilah's birth.


Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
Cute pics!

Can't wait for her birthday party!!
Larissa said…
She's so smart! Sounds like she catches on pretty fast.

Are babies are growing up too fast, right?
Mom said…
She is just too cute, and I'm not saying that just cuz she's my granddaughter! She is one smart little girl, no surprise, she takes after her mommy and daddy.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway