Today we went to my parents' for our weekly visit. This weekend my brother was there. The last few times he hasn't been able to hold Delilah- although he has been able to get smiles out of her. Today he tried holding her & she reached back to me pretty much right away. Later after we were in the living room me on the floor playing with her, Roger in the chair, he tried holding her again. This time she let him! And he carried her in to the kitchen for lunch time. After she was fed he held her some more & I got a few pics.
I guess 2nd chances aren't for everyone. A branch was extended to talk & refused. We tried & that's all we can do. Even if we didn't want to we knew it was right. But we can't try with what's not there. I guess it's ok to say the things that were said & to act the way they acted. We're the ones that are wrong apparently... we're the ones who were disrespectful & disowning. And we need to get over it... yea- ok.
I guess 2nd chances aren't for everyone. A branch was extended to talk & refused. We tried & that's all we can do. Even if we didn't want to we knew it was right. But we can't try with what's not there. I guess it's ok to say the things that were said & to act the way they acted. We're the ones that are wrong apparently... we're the ones who were disrespectful & disowning. And we need to get over it... yea- ok.
Comments
I'm so sorry to hear about the decline. You know what, it is 100% their loss. They are missing out on a relationship with an amazing son, beautiful daughter-in-law, and wonderful granddaughter. There are so many people in your lives that love you for YOU.
You & John did the right thing to try. At least you know you did what was right in your heart.
I love you all (((hugs)))
I agree, you did do the right thing by reaching out. I am a little surprised that they didn't take the offer, though. The thought of not getting to see Delilah at least once a week makes me very sad. I can't imagine not seeing her for months on end.
Love you all!!!