High Five!

Yesterday Delilah gave Daddy a high five!! Sort of ;-) We were playing on the bed & John held up his hand asking Delilah if she could give him a high five. I took her hand & showed her how. Then I asked her if she could do it. She took her hand, balled up in a little fist, and gave him a high "five". More like a high fist LoL Last night was the first time I gave Delilah a bath totally alone. John was doing something on the computer that needed his attention so I took her up. I should've let her in her crib while I ran the bath but I didn't & just took her in the bathroom with me... undressed & hoping she wouldn't pee on me LoL The only difference with giving her a bath myself than other bath times (we usually do a bath together as a kind of family moment- we've always done it this way since we brought her home) is I didn't have John to help rinse her hair. One of us, whoever is doing the washing that night, holds our hand over her eyes like a visor so she doesn't suck up any water (she doesn't exactly know how to hold her breath as to not breathe in the water) & rinses the shampoo out while the other person pours. Otherwise whoever is doing the washing does all the rest themselves anyway.

Monday also marked a big event- I took Delilah off her motion monitor. I figured it's not really doing anything anyway because it was blinking like it was detecting her even if she wasn't in it! I think it's because of the fan vibrations & the monitor part was on the floor but I'm not sure. Either way she's off it now.

Friday is her weight check- we'll see if she's gained any since upping her rice cereal intake from none to 3 1/2 tbsp 3x a day.

Next Monday I send her birthday invites out!





Comments

Morgan Owens said…
YAY for the high fist! HAHA you have to post a pic of that!

We always do bathtime together also, but the times I had to do it alone were a pain in the butt. We pretty much have the same routine as you, one pours and one blocks! So, it can be difficult alone!

Can't wait for pics! :)
Ashley Rawlings said…
Yay little D! Auntie Ashley, Uncle Jon, and the boys miss you so much!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway