New chances

Today John, Delilah & I went to visit an old friend of mine. We've had our problems but for some reason after she tried contacting me 3 times (we hadn't talked in quite awhile) I responded back. I don't know why or what I expect except that I just want to try to be friends. We went to her son's soccer game today- it was so cute. A bunch of 4 and 5 year olds running around a soccer field trying to score a goal. What a sight! Delilah usually is pretty apprehensive about people but she smiled for Jess pretty much immediately. At one point she kind of reached for Jess so I handed her over. She let Jess hold her for seriously a second & was holding her arms out to come back to me. This happened about 2 more times at the field. Afterwards we went back to her house to hang out a little. This is where Delilah decided that Jess could hold her & not just for one second but for quite a bit longer. Jess's son was just the most amazing, gentle, sweet little guy ever with Delilah (there was some hesitation on my part because when Hughie was 2, two years ago, he was a bit of a hitter & a biter but he interacted really well with the kids at the game and was sooo gentle with Delilah!). He really liked her & she seemed to like him too. He shared his stuffed fishy with her, gave her a train sticker that we put on her shirt (but watched her carefully in case she noticed it and wanted to eat it and then took it off for the ride home), complimented her (he called her adorable, beautiful & cute! Aw!!), and even gave her a few kisses.

After our visit in Blooms.burg we came home & Auntie Ashley, Shawn and Landon came to visit. It's always so fun watching the kids interact... or should I say Landon trying to get Delilah to give him a hug & Delilah not having any of it. It was a nice visit that wasn't short but of course was way too short. Make sense? LoL

Tomorrow we're going to my parents' for our weekly visit. Sometime next week (hopefully next week) we'll be having a conversation with John's parents here at our home. Long story.... but because we're truly better than to keep Delilah from them we will give it a try... even if we're still hurt by all the inappropriate behavior that occurred. We just want to put it behind us & forget about it. This might be the start of the way to do that. I guess we'll just have to see...

Daddy found a cowboy hat & Delilah had to try it on! LoL

Jessica, Hughie & Delilah

Hughie sharing his fishy

Hughie holding Delilah

Comments

Mom said…
Delilah's our little cowgirl!!

I'm glad your visit with Jessica and Hughie went so well.

I hope your "talk" with John's parents goes well. I'll pray that it does. Love you all whole bunches!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway