A New Me
Well sort of.... so a few weeks ago I was looking in the mirror seeing the blonde roots that had grown out contrasting the black. I'm sooo tired of dying my hair! Even though I don't necessarily like my natural color I decided to go back to it so I don't have to dye it anymore. I didn't tell anyone- not anyone at work, not my bestfriend even (of course John knew & my mom and dad since I needed her hair dryer LoL). I thought it would be a piece of cake & would be done in a weekend. Then I was going to surprise everyone by going in to work blonde. I started off looking up online how to go about it without ruining my hair. I found an article suggesting a hair dye stripping kit & a SUPER deep conditioner. I went to Walmart and bought Cholesterol cream (the super deep conditioner) hair dye stripping kit (which looked like it was there from the 70s due to the pics of the models LoL), and some blonde hair dye.
That night I tried out the hair dye stripping kit- yea it barely did anything. The next day (Saturday) we went to the mall where I asked at one hair salon what I could do. They told me I couldn't do anything without ruining my hair. I thought "Bullsh*t, I'm going to ask somewhere else." So I went to another place & asked there. The girl said it was a long process- like a 2-5 time process. But they just used bleach with chamomile & some other things in it so it didn't ruin your hair. Here's where the blonde in me comes in- I didn't realize there was a difference between household bleach & hair bleach so I bought household bleach. And put it on my hair- twice! *insert embarrassment here* I think I still have hair because of the conditioner LoL!! Anyway this past Monday this lady at work told me about this stuff called Co.l.or Oop.s. I went to C.VS and to my astonishment they had it! I got home & after Delilah was in bed I set about to put this stuff in my hair. Boy did it smell like sh*t and I am NOT kidding! It was horrible. John could smell it all the way downstairs!
20 minutes later I was in the shower shampooing my hair and rinsing it for another 25 minutes. That was a long shower LoL It really didn't do much either. The next day I ordered this stuff called Jerom.e Rus.ssell's Punk.y Ble.ach Ki.t. It came the very next day after that- it was that fast! I gave my hair a break Wednesday & deep conditioned some more. Thursday I applied the bleach... the real hair bleach not the household LoL Within minutes of applying it in the front I could see it working. 3 hours later (yes I left it on for 3 hours) the roots where white blonde while the rest was kind of an orangey color *sigh*
Yesterday I went to work with this head of two-toned color hair. To my amazement & amusement I got lots and lots of compliments! And when told that it wasn't exactly on purpose & that I was trying to go back to my natural color people were amazed that I actually have blonde hair (I've only ever had black hair since I've been there). My hair isn't going to be blonde any time soon... it's going to stay pretty much the color it is now but I'm going to dye it over with a color I bought yesterday that's similar. A light auburn. When my roots start to grow out I'm going to get highlights that are close to the blonde color & phase out the auburn (this was an idea confirmed to work by the women at Sally Beauty). And after such a long story I leave you with a picture...
Before & Semi-After
That night I tried out the hair dye stripping kit- yea it barely did anything. The next day (Saturday) we went to the mall where I asked at one hair salon what I could do. They told me I couldn't do anything without ruining my hair. I thought "Bullsh*t, I'm going to ask somewhere else." So I went to another place & asked there. The girl said it was a long process- like a 2-5 time process. But they just used bleach with chamomile & some other things in it so it didn't ruin your hair. Here's where the blonde in me comes in- I didn't realize there was a difference between household bleach & hair bleach so I bought household bleach. And put it on my hair- twice! *insert embarrassment here* I think I still have hair because of the conditioner LoL!! Anyway this past Monday this lady at work told me about this stuff called Co.l.or Oop.s. I went to C.VS and to my astonishment they had it! I got home & after Delilah was in bed I set about to put this stuff in my hair. Boy did it smell like sh*t and I am NOT kidding! It was horrible. John could smell it all the way downstairs!
20 minutes later I was in the shower shampooing my hair and rinsing it for another 25 minutes. That was a long shower LoL It really didn't do much either. The next day I ordered this stuff called Jerom.e Rus.ssell's Punk.y Ble.ach Ki.t. It came the very next day after that- it was that fast! I gave my hair a break Wednesday & deep conditioned some more. Thursday I applied the bleach... the real hair bleach not the household LoL Within minutes of applying it in the front I could see it working. 3 hours later (yes I left it on for 3 hours) the roots where white blonde while the rest was kind of an orangey color *sigh*
Yesterday I went to work with this head of two-toned color hair. To my amazement & amusement I got lots and lots of compliments! And when told that it wasn't exactly on purpose & that I was trying to go back to my natural color people were amazed that I actually have blonde hair (I've only ever had black hair since I've been there). My hair isn't going to be blonde any time soon... it's going to stay pretty much the color it is now but I'm going to dye it over with a color I bought yesterday that's similar. A light auburn. When my roots start to grow out I'm going to get highlights that are close to the blonde color & phase out the auburn (this was an idea confirmed to work by the women at Sally Beauty). And after such a long story I leave you with a picture...
Before & Semi-After
Comments
Looking good now..I would keep on deep conditioning it though, your hair has been through ALOT !
I love ya :)