Knoebels

What is Knoebels? Knoebels is an amusement park that apparently is pretty well known across the country. I hear people come from far and wide just to go to this park. Why? I have no idea. I mean I like Knoebels (when the weather is right and there aren't umpteen million people there) but honestly I don't see what the big friggin deal is. Maybe it's the free parking and admission *shrug*

Knoebels is where John, Delilah, my mom, my dad, and I all ventured today instead of our usual Sunday get together at their house for dinner. First on the agenda was lunch- we went to a place where a prior friend of mine raved about the food. Fantastic? I think not (although the fries were good). After that we went on a new-for-Delilah-this-year ride- the antique cars! The line was amazingly short as was the wait. Usually if you hit it on the wrong day or at the wrong time the line takes up the entire waiting area. John and I went- John drove and I held Delilah. After our turn was over Mom & Dad were going to go. But when we got off Mom informed me that Dad was going to be a party pooper and not go on. So on again I went with Mom & Delilah. I was the driver this time. Boy did that bring back memories- years ago, long before I could drive, I'd go on the antique cars. Instead of driving like I do today I drove like most other people drive today. All over the place. I couldn't keep it on the track straight (thank goodness for the guide rail!) and I was all over. Luckily my driving has improved since then.

Before we headed to the carousel we stopped in to this store where we had gotten Delilah a "Plumpee Ladybug" (well my mom did) as well as a "Plumpee Bee" (which a lady from work picked up for me). I wanted to see if they had anything else I might want for her. There it was- the "Plumpee Butterfly" I had spied on-line that I wanted to get her. It was a lot cuter in person. Grammy swooped in and bought it for her after Delilah decided she wanted the butterfly instead of the stuffed fox I also spied (Thanks Grammy!). Off to the carousel where we also had good timing for. Only a few people ahead of us and after quite a few more. Our lucky day! Now last year if you all recall Delilah didn't like the carousel. She got upset while on it and laid her head on the my mom's shoulder. This year is was a complete turn around. She loved it! The first time my mom, Delilah, John & I all went on. I held Delilah (we went on an "up and down" horse) while mom & John found horses on either side of us. The 2nd time we went on the Kiddie Carousel. This one we found while looking for the balloon guy. She had spotted an Elmo balloon and of course I had to get one for her- I couldn't resist! We never did find the balloon guy. Anyway- I stuck her on her very own "up and down" horse, strapped her in, and stood beside her. She ~really~ loved that! So fun :-D

Our last ride stop was the train which she really enjoyed last year. This year- ehhh, not so much. But she hadn't had a nap all day so I think she was definitely getting tired. She did very well for not napping today! While we never did find the balloon guy as mentioned above we did get her a balloon. A Spongebob & Patrick balloon- four friggin dollars! However, it's worth it for the amount of play time you get with them. The foil balloons from her birthday lasted from October in to late December!


Comments

Anonymous said…
OK. Free parking & admissions ???? I just may need to take a road trip !!!

Looks like a cool place and sounds like you all had alot of fun! Great pics as usual :)
Mom said…
You are certainly welcome for the plumpee butterfly my dear, sweet Delilah! What a great time we had...cute pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway