Trick or Treat!!

Saturday was Halloween- along with our anniversary (thank you everyone for the anniversary wishes!). It was a fun filled busy day. First we went to Rub.y Tue.sdays (my friend Jess got us a gift card for an anniversary gift) for lunch and then to visit my friend Jess & her son. Jess's son amazes me- he is so sweet and so gentle with Delilah. At one point he was sitting next to Delilah (Jess was kind of holding her) and she bumped her head in to his face. There was like a 10 second delay & she started crying. I picked her up to comfort her and all the while Hughie (Jess's son) was like "Mommy I'm sorry it was an accident." And it wasn't even his fault! Aww!! He always says such adorable things to her. He'd put his hand on her cheek and say "You are so cute!" We had a really nice visit but unfortunately had to cut it short to get Delilah home for a nap so she could hand out candy with us. After our visit with Jess we stopped in to my parents' to show them Delilah's Halloween outfit. That was a super short visit in order for us to get her home for a nap (we also got candy from Pappy & Grammy!).

Once home we napped (yea I took one too) and once up we were ready for Trick or Treating! Well ok, not yet we still had like 2 hours to go. Once 6:00 rolled around we stuck her in her costume and took her to two of our neighbors. We got a bag of candy from the one neighbor (and they took her pic for us) and a butterfinger from the other neighbor (all of which mommy & daddy would be eating later LoL). We headed back in to our house and waited a minute before bringing out the candy (there were some kids coming who didn't have costumes I didn't want to give candy to heh).

Delilah helped us hand out candy for quite awhile. Everyone loved her costume... most people guessed right what she was. We also got a butterfly and a ladybug. Yes folks- a friggin ladybug. I don't know any ladybugs that look like this but heck, maybe that person was from another planet LoL It was funny- even kids were saying how cute she looked. Boys too which is weird (I think because they don't really notice that stuff). After she went to bed John & I handed out the rest of the candy. We got a lot of compliments on our decor & some people even took pics of it (which I should've to show you all)! But what I do have pics of is Delilah- so here they are!

Oops I used this one in a collage- o well!

At Jess's

Hughie- the Transformer & Delilah- the Peacock

Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
Awwww... Delilah looks just darling in that costume... was a sweet peacock!!! Glad you guys had a nice 2nd Halloween with your baby girl. The holidays just keep getting better!!!
Mom/Grammy and Dad/Pappy said…
Delilah is the prettiest little peacock on the block! We enjoyed the visit even though it was a short one. Any visit is better than none!!! Happy Halloween to our little sweetheart!
Larissa said…
awww, she's so cute!
Morgan Owens said…
She is so adorable! I love the costume! :)
Kristin said…
What a cute little peacock! Looks like she had a lot of fun that day :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway