1 year pedi appointment
Delilah had her 1 year appointment today- to say it went well would be an exaggeration. The minute I started undressing her to get her weight she started crying. You would think we were torturing this little gal that's how loud her screams rang through the hallways :-\ After her height, weight & temp were taken we were able to comfort her. Her pedi came in but because mom still had her & the "weird lady" wasn't coming near her she was fine. We talked about her development, nutrition, & height and weight. Then it was on to the exam. I sat up on the exam table holding her. As soon as the pedi even came near her she turned her body towards me & lay her head on my shoulder. Her pedi listened to her lungs & then attempted to listen to her heart. As soon as she tried to put the stethoscope on her chest she started crying. After a belly check, hip check, "area" check and reflex check the check up was over. Now we wait for the dreaded shots- on the shot schedule today was the MMR, chicken pox, Hepatitis A, Part 1 of H1N1, and the seasonal flu shot.
I was holding Delilah and as soon as the nurses came in she again turned towards me & put her head on my shoulder. As soon as I lay her down the crying began again. I was kind of annoyed with the nurse giving the shots... after all the shots were given on Delilah's left leg the nurse put two bandaids on. Well there were 3 shots given in that leg so there shouldn't have been just two bandaids- at least not where the one was. She put the sticky part of the one bandaid on the one shot site. I could see the blood seeping up through the holes of it :-\
Anyway Delilah's stats are:
Height: 2' 4.25"
Weight: 19 lb 11.2 oz
She is in the 15%ile for her height & the 20%ile for her weight. She is growing well.

I was holding Delilah and as soon as the nurses came in she again turned towards me & put her head on my shoulder. As soon as I lay her down the crying began again. I was kind of annoyed with the nurse giving the shots... after all the shots were given on Delilah's left leg the nurse put two bandaids on. Well there were 3 shots given in that leg so there shouldn't have been just two bandaids- at least not where the one was. She put the sticky part of the one bandaid on the one shot site. I could see the blood seeping up through the holes of it :-\
Anyway Delilah's stats are:
Height: 2' 4.25"
Weight: 19 lb 11.2 oz
She is in the 15%ile for her height & the 20%ile for her weight. She is growing well.

Comments
I love all the pics, especially the one of her little patooty as she's rootin' in her toybox.
As always, adorable pics... love those baby blues!