Happy Birthday Darling Boo

1 year ago today- at 8:25 a.m. exactly- Delilah Mary was born. About an hour later and I was holding her in my arms. I couldn't believe this darling little thing had been in my stomach and was now in my arms.

She came two days after her projected due date of October 22, 2008. I woke up with contractions at 2:00 a.m. on Thursday, October 23rd. I tried going back to sleep- unsure if they were really contractions- but they kept coming. I called the hospital to see when I should come in as I wanted to stay home as long as I could. The nurse advised me to call Dr. S who was filling in for my midwife A. I instead called A's beeper and A called me back. She advised me to take some Benadryl (sp?) and try to go back to sleep. We didn't have any Benadryl (of course!) so all I could do was try to go back to sleep on my own. A few hours later John got up & went to work. Again I tried to go back to sleep with no luck. Around 8:30 I tried calling John because I couldn't take the contractions anymore. I couldn't reach him. He called around 9:00 (his break at work) and I told him I needed him to come home. He left work and came home. I called Ash & asked her if I had to call the hospital to tell them I was coming. She said to call A & she would tell them. I called A and that's when she broke the news that she was sick. She wouldn't be able to deliver Delilah & the oncall midwife would have to :-(

John got home & we went to the hospital. After hours of contracting, walking around, etc. I decided I wanted an epidural at 10:30 p.m. Got the epidural and went to sleep. Delilah's heart rate started to decel & they did a few things like putting a monitor on her scalp and having me kneel over the bed. At one point the oncall midwife came in & said that if I wasn't dilated more at such & such a time they would have to section me. I only made it to 6 when they checked me at whatever time that was and it was determined I would have to go in for a c-section. Delilah came out at 8:25 a.m., 8 lb 4 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

This has been the most wonderful year- I can't believe it's passed so quickly. Watching her grow has just been so amazing- all the new firsts, all the smiles, the tears, the joy. She is just an amazing part of our lives and I feel so blessed to have been chosen to be her mommy.

Happy Birthday Delilah! We love you!

Love,
Mommy & Daddy


Comments

Larissa said…
That was such a sweet post, it made me tear.
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful post ! Happy birthday Delilah ! I can't believe she is 1 yrs. old, I remember when you told me you were pregnant !
Mom said…
What a lovely post, it also made me tear up. I was there and relived the whole chain of events. Happy birthday to our darling granddaughter!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway

Gosh I suck