Birthday Fun (now with pics!)
Yesterday was Delilah's 1st birthday- and with that came her first birthday party! Let's first start with after she woke up. We had her open the presents we got her- I tried to get her to tear at the paper but she wasn't up for it. We got her a Fisher Price Laugh n Learn kitchen, a Fisher Price tea party set (the teapot talks, sings, etc. and it comes with two teacups and a plate with 3 shapes that look like desserts), a magical fairy shoe cottage (so cute!) and a Plumpee bumble bee (a stuffed animal). Around 9:00 it was up for a nap.
Prior to her party I had to make a little run to get some balloons and a pit stop to Walm.art. I went to Walma.rt before I picked up the balloons to exchange a frame I had purchased the night before for a birthday poster I made (the one I got the night before was broken!). This one thankfully was fully intact. After that it was off to CA Re.ed for a foil balloon (ok, ok I got two. I had to!) and then home to begin the decorating (this ended up consisting of putting up some streamers in the kitchen that I ended up ripping down later because they made me mad LoL).
All of the guests arrived by 12:10 and the feasting began. Pizza, chips, & cheese curls. Yum! Followed by cake and ice cream. I wasn't sure how the cake eating would go... I was actually kind of surprised... Delilah doesn't like "yucky" things on her hands. If she has something on her hand she doesn't want she either tries to get it off or holds her hand out to me so I can get it off for her. So she stuck her hand in it and... did not like it! She just looked at it. We couldn't even really get her to dig in! John tried sticking a puffy in the cake hoping she'd dig it out but alas she didn't.
After cake & ice cream it was present time! Delilah got a lot of wonderful things from everyone. She got a Fisher Price Bounce n Spin Zebra, Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano, Little Critter books, a Fisher Price Little People take along farm, a Fisher Price Little People house, a Fisher Price Little People Noah's Ark set with extra animals, a Fisher Price Little People ice cream truck, a neat little piano thing with animals that move, a Fisher Price Laugh n Learn purse, an outfit, two balloons (yup more balloons) a gift card, 2 gifts made specially from Shawn, Landon & Ash and some money.
The birthday girl just woke up

Opening presents from Mommy & Daddy

Fisher Price Laugh n Learn Say Please Tea Set

Fisher Price Laugh n Learn 2-in-1 Learning Kitchen

Grammy Hans, Delilah & Landon

Auntie, Delilah & Landon

* Cake time (I saw this & had them add Happy 1st Birthday Delilah)!




The cake for everyone else

Party people

"Pappy Hans" n Landon

Gift opening time!

I thought I'd get her to sit next to me if she was with Pap (um, no)

Birthday kisses for the birthday girl!


Riding in cars with boys


* Party pics courtesy of Auntie Ashley :-D Thanks for taking pics!
Prior to her party I had to make a little run to get some balloons and a pit stop to Walm.art. I went to Walma.rt before I picked up the balloons to exchange a frame I had purchased the night before for a birthday poster I made (the one I got the night before was broken!). This one thankfully was fully intact. After that it was off to CA Re.ed for a foil balloon (ok, ok I got two. I had to!) and then home to begin the decorating (this ended up consisting of putting up some streamers in the kitchen that I ended up ripping down later because they made me mad LoL).
All of the guests arrived by 12:10 and the feasting began. Pizza, chips, & cheese curls. Yum! Followed by cake and ice cream. I wasn't sure how the cake eating would go... I was actually kind of surprised... Delilah doesn't like "yucky" things on her hands. If she has something on her hand she doesn't want she either tries to get it off or holds her hand out to me so I can get it off for her. So she stuck her hand in it and... did not like it! She just looked at it. We couldn't even really get her to dig in! John tried sticking a puffy in the cake hoping she'd dig it out but alas she didn't.
After cake & ice cream it was present time! Delilah got a lot of wonderful things from everyone. She got a Fisher Price Bounce n Spin Zebra, Fisher Price Baby Grand Piano, Little Critter books, a Fisher Price Little People take along farm, a Fisher Price Little People house, a Fisher Price Little People Noah's Ark set with extra animals, a Fisher Price Little People ice cream truck, a neat little piano thing with animals that move, a Fisher Price Laugh n Learn purse, an outfit, two balloons (yup more balloons) a gift card, 2 gifts made specially from Shawn, Landon & Ash and some money.
The birthday girl just woke up
Opening presents from Mommy & Daddy

Fisher Price Laugh n Learn Say Please Tea Set

Fisher Price Laugh n Learn 2-in-1 Learning Kitchen

Grammy Hans, Delilah & Landon
Auntie, Delilah & Landon
* Cake time (I saw this & had them add Happy 1st Birthday Delilah)!



The cake for everyone else
Party people

"Pappy Hans" n Landon
Gift opening time!

I thought I'd get her to sit next to me if she was with Pap (um, no)
Birthday kisses for the birthday girl!

Riding in cars with boys
* Party pics courtesy of Auntie Ashley :-D Thanks for taking pics!
Comments
The party was wonderful, you and John did a great job.
Delilah sure did get a lot of neat gifts!
You, John, and Delilah have a lot of good friends and relatives, but of course, you are good friends (and relatives) too!!!
Hope you guys liked the pics... and that I took enough for you.
Happy Birthday again D!
Love you Always!
Auntie Ashley
Oh, and we got the girls that Say Please Tea Set too!! They love it!!