Sand, Sun & Rain? ~Edit:: Pics!!
Today I woke up with Delilah to rain. Which kinda stunk because we were supposed to go to Half Way Dam today. When it was time to put her up for her nap I decided to go back to bed (we got up at 6:30 so she'd have a 2 hour nap since we were going to be at Half Way Dam for 11:00). I asked John if it was supposed to rain & he said that it was supposed to late last night/early morning. Back to sleep I went & 2 hours later I woke up with Delilah and we all got ready to leave (even though it was still raining).
We got there & parked. Delilah needed fed & we were still waiting on my parents, Ash, Jon & the boys, so it was good timing. While sitting in the car it seemed as though it was raining still but it was just the rain falling off of the trees. After Delilah was done eating we got back up front with John. That's when it started raining again. Ugh! Luckily it didn't last long & the sun was out not long after. Since I seriously had to use the bathroom we went in search of one. My parents showed up after we all had a turn at the potty and we unloaded their car for a nice picnic lunch. We were still waiting for Ash, Jon & the boys trying to figure out where they were when we decided they weren't coming and we headed down to the lake.
As we got closer I saw this huge honkin' camera lense & I knew it was them. "There they are!" I proclaimed. We parked our stuff on a bench- all the while Jon's whistling in the background LoL- and headed down the sandy to the frigid water. We thought they weren't coming because of the rain & they thought we had left because of the rain LoL Anyway, It was very fun- Delilah actually didn't cry like I thought she would when I put her feet in the water. Then I put her down in the sand & she liked that too. Landon wanted to come over to say hi to his bestest girlfriend but she wasn't digging the cold, sandy hands LoL That was kind of the end of that- she wasn't having any more sitting in the sand/water part.
After we were all done playing- we got out a bit earlier than I think we would because we thought it was going to rain again- we got out, got dried off & got changed. Ash invited us to come by the house to meet their adorable new puppy so we went over there afterwards. This puppy is just sooo sweet! I have never seen such a well behaved sweet little thing like him.
So that was our day. It was fun & we're all tuckered out. Delilah especially! Tomorrow is Monday- back to work :-(
Pics as promised!





The Rawlings Family
We got there & parked. Delilah needed fed & we were still waiting on my parents, Ash, Jon & the boys, so it was good timing. While sitting in the car it seemed as though it was raining still but it was just the rain falling off of the trees. After Delilah was done eating we got back up front with John. That's when it started raining again. Ugh! Luckily it didn't last long & the sun was out not long after. Since I seriously had to use the bathroom we went in search of one. My parents showed up after we all had a turn at the potty and we unloaded their car for a nice picnic lunch. We were still waiting for Ash, Jon & the boys trying to figure out where they were when we decided they weren't coming and we headed down to the lake.
As we got closer I saw this huge honkin' camera lense & I knew it was them. "There they are!" I proclaimed. We parked our stuff on a bench- all the while Jon's whistling in the background LoL- and headed down the sandy to the frigid water. We thought they weren't coming because of the rain & they thought we had left because of the rain LoL Anyway, It was very fun- Delilah actually didn't cry like I thought she would when I put her feet in the water. Then I put her down in the sand & she liked that too. Landon wanted to come over to say hi to his bestest girlfriend but she wasn't digging the cold, sandy hands LoL That was kind of the end of that- she wasn't having any more sitting in the sand/water part.
After we were all done playing- we got out a bit earlier than I think we would because we thought it was going to rain again- we got out, got dried off & got changed. Ash invited us to come by the house to meet their adorable new puppy so we went over there afterwards. This puppy is just sooo sweet! I have never seen such a well behaved sweet little thing like him.
So that was our day. It was fun & we're all tuckered out. Delilah especially! Tomorrow is Monday- back to work :-(
Pics as promised!





The Rawlings Family
Comments
LOL ;)
Very fun day... can't wait to do it again... hopefully soon!!!