9 month well check-up

Delilah's 9 month... well let's make that 9 month & 3 week... appointment was today. Luckily she didn't have to get any shots. But that doesn't mean the appointment went any better LoL She's so good in the waiting room & when we get back to the exam room but as soon as we get her undressed & take her to be weighed the crying starts. I feel so bad for the poor thing. Today was worse than last time. She complained for awhile after the nurse was done while I held her. Of course she was all calmed down when her pediatrician came in. As soon as she went to examine her she started crying again. She also had to get a finger prick to test for anemia. Woo boy I bet the patients in the waiting room thought we were killing her that's how loud she was screaming!

Her stats are:

Weight 16 lbs 6 oz
Height 2'3"

Her weight was a little concerning- she's only gained 2 oz since her last appointment. Her pedi asked how much rice cereal we were giving her & I said that since she didn't really like it we were giving her instead a fruit that had granola or oatmeal in it. Apparently this isn't good enough. We have to give her 3 tablespoons of rice cereal 2x a day and work up to 6 tablespoons 3 times a day. She has a weight check next month so we can make sure she's gaining right. We can start table foods, meats & stuff like that. I'm going to have John pic up some frozen veggies tomorrow at the grocery store :-D


Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
She's a little peanut! I'm sure she'll be just fine. Remember Eme's weight was off the scales small... and she is just fine :)

Love the pics... as always... she is too adorable!
Larissa said…
It's hard for babies to gain weight around this age, because they are so stinking active! Lily has weighed the same for about a month and a half now, about. She's just all over the place, burning carbs and energy. But almost every meal I try and give her cereal, I mix it with the vegetable or whatever she's having. Your baby will be fine, she'll gain weight in no time!
Mom said…
Like Ashley and Larissa said, she will be just fine, so try not to beat yourself up too bad about it. But I totally understand if you do, that's what good mommies and daddies do. Love the pics.

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway

Gosh I suck