Trick-or-Treat!!
Tonight was our town's trick-or-treat night. I was hoping upon hope that Delilah would let us put her pirate costume on but I wasn't sure she'd have any of it. Although yesterday when John brought her in to work she had it on (he said it took 5 tries to get it on because she was flailing around and crying) and did wonderfully in it. About 10 minutes before trick-or-treat started I put the costume on her and she let me without a tear shed! We went to two of our neighbors houses and then down the street to see if there were others. There was like no one. We crossed the street because we had spotted a house and then we headed back to our house to hand out candy. Delilah loved handing out the candy to all the kids. But then she wanted to walk more. So I walked her to another neighbor's house, another house about 2 houses from that one and then back home. We handed out more candy but again she wanted to walk. So I took her to another house & then back to ours. She kept wanting to go but I told her we had to stay to hand out candy. We started getting down in our stash so I added some lollipops to the bowl. Bad idea- Delilah wanted one & it wasn't a kind she could have (carmel apple ones). I told her she could have one when we went inside but she was very adamant she get one & started crying. I told her that I would go get her one but then no more walking. She was ok with that so I went & got one.
There were 3 kids that struck the wrong nerve- one was a little boy dressed as a dinosaur. I gave him one piece of candy (the bowl was on my lap) and he wanted another so he reached in the bowl to take it. The mom was telling him no but didn't do anything to really stop him, didn't make him put it back & didn't apologize. What was I going to say though? He was just a little kid. Then another group of people came & Delilah gave the girl one piece of candy (the bowl at this point was behind us sort of on the porch) and she decides (the girl) that she wants another one so she reaches in to the bowl to get it. Now this girls mom scolded her & apologized. I told her it was ok. But this other little girl with the group (sisters maybe) gets one piece and says to me "I want another one." WTF was I supposed to say? So I said "One more." and gave the little brat another piece. Come on parents- what the fuck? I would be horrified if Delilah ever acted in that manner and you can bet your ass I would make her give the candy back & apologize.
Tomorrow is Halloween- John & my 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years since we've been married. And a total of 10 years since we've been together. Where does the time go? He is so amazing- not only as a husband but as a father. I am so blessed to have him & Delilah, and now this little one too, in my life.
My little pirate
There were 3 kids that struck the wrong nerve- one was a little boy dressed as a dinosaur. I gave him one piece of candy (the bowl was on my lap) and he wanted another so he reached in the bowl to take it. The mom was telling him no but didn't do anything to really stop him, didn't make him put it back & didn't apologize. What was I going to say though? He was just a little kid. Then another group of people came & Delilah gave the girl one piece of candy (the bowl at this point was behind us sort of on the porch) and she decides (the girl) that she wants another one so she reaches in to the bowl to get it. Now this girls mom scolded her & apologized. I told her it was ok. But this other little girl with the group (sisters maybe) gets one piece and says to me "I want another one." WTF was I supposed to say? So I said "One more." and gave the little brat another piece. Come on parents- what the fuck? I would be horrified if Delilah ever acted in that manner and you can bet your ass I would make her give the candy back & apologize.
Tomorrow is Halloween- John & my 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years since we've been married. And a total of 10 years since we've been together. Where does the time go? He is so amazing- not only as a husband but as a father. I am so blessed to have him & Delilah, and now this little one too, in my life.
My little pirate
Comments
Happy Anniversary to you guys! I just sent you an email a little while ago :)