Delilah's 2nd Birthday
Delilah's 2nd birthday party was on Saturday- it went really well if I do say so myself (despite some crying here and there). First thing we did after breakfast was go to the party store to buy her a balloon- I spotted a cute Minnie Mouse balloon that I got and as the lady was filling it up I spotted a pirate balloon that I had to have for her. After that we headed back to the house and decorated- well I put a table cloth on the table & hung up a pirate themed banner thing. That was the extent of my decorating LoL! Shortly after that my parents arrived and so did John. He & I went to the store to pick up her cake. Let me just say that I was NOT pleased with the cake. I felt as though they just "threw" it together like 5 minutes before we got there. It didn't look so much like the picture and for $8 extra dollars it friggin should. O well. We got back home & everyone started arriving quickly- except my sister who got lost haha In her defense she hasn't been here since Christmas over 2 years ago.
After everyone was here & accounted for we ate and had cake. Then it was present time! We opened Ashley, Landon's, & Shawn's present first. They got her the cutest princess babydoll that actually does look like Delilah. Delilah could've cared less about the other presents after that one was opened! I had to make her come back over to me to open the rest. It was too cute because Landon kept trying to open the presents & Ashley was trying to keep him over with her. But then I said to just let him help because it'd go faster (since Delilah wasn't all that interested) and the two of them opened her presents together.
She got: a Dora Bike, Mickey Mouse puzzle & Spongebob activity book from my parents, a baby stroller from my grandma, a My Little Pony doll that you can feed from Ang, Khole & Trey, a Little People Fairy Treehouse set from John's mom and dad, a musical bear doll from my sister, nephew & niece, an outfit and pajamas from my friend Jess, a pelican thinger majig from my other friend Rebecca, a Halloween shirt, stuffed monkey & book from my niece Madison and a card w/money from John's grandma. We got her a Mickey Mouse train that we let her open a day early so John could watch her open something (on her birthday I had her open her other presents which consisted of an Olivia book and a black moor goldfish).
Around 1:00 she went up for a much needed nap while John & his mom worked on putting her Dora bike together. Let me tell you- she was so excited when she came down from her nap to ride that bike that she didn't want to go visit daddy!
Not only was Delilah's party this weekend but my niece Madison stayed with us too. It's always such a joy having her here- she's a great kid and she really helps me out. Something I could definitely use especially now! Delilah just adores her & I love watching them play together. Or listening to Delilah laugh as I'm driving because Madison is giving her giggle fits :-D
The cake

She didn't blow out the candle LoL





After everyone was here & accounted for we ate and had cake. Then it was present time! We opened Ashley, Landon's, & Shawn's present first. They got her the cutest princess babydoll that actually does look like Delilah. Delilah could've cared less about the other presents after that one was opened! I had to make her come back over to me to open the rest. It was too cute because Landon kept trying to open the presents & Ashley was trying to keep him over with her. But then I said to just let him help because it'd go faster (since Delilah wasn't all that interested) and the two of them opened her presents together.
She got: a Dora Bike, Mickey Mouse puzzle & Spongebob activity book from my parents, a baby stroller from my grandma, a My Little Pony doll that you can feed from Ang, Khole & Trey, a Little People Fairy Treehouse set from John's mom and dad, a musical bear doll from my sister, nephew & niece, an outfit and pajamas from my friend Jess, a pelican thinger majig from my other friend Rebecca, a Halloween shirt, stuffed monkey & book from my niece Madison and a card w/money from John's grandma. We got her a Mickey Mouse train that we let her open a day early so John could watch her open something (on her birthday I had her open her other presents which consisted of an Olivia book and a black moor goldfish).
Around 1:00 she went up for a much needed nap while John & his mom worked on putting her Dora bike together. Let me tell you- she was so excited when she came down from her nap to ride that bike that she didn't want to go visit daddy!
Not only was Delilah's party this weekend but my niece Madison stayed with us too. It's always such a joy having her here- she's a great kid and she really helps me out. Something I could definitely use especially now! Delilah just adores her & I love watching them play together. Or listening to Delilah laugh as I'm driving because Madison is giving her giggle fits :-D
The cake
She didn't blow out the candle LoL





Comments
I'm so glad her bike is such a hit, and the balloons!!
A little girl can never have too many sunglasses!!
Glad she had a fun time at her 2nd bday party :) It just melted my heart when she came up to me and gave me a hug and said "I love you."
Love the pics! That bike certainly does look like fun ;)