Ffffffffuuuu....dge

I do believe our darling daughter has learned a new word. A few weeks ago I was laying on our bed with her when I thought I heard her say "F*ck, poop." It took a minute to register and I said "Wait... what?" I just dismissed it because I wasn't sure if I heard her right. There were a few other times when I thought I heard her say it but sometimes when she asks for her froggie blanket it sounds like it and also when she says fork. I'm *pretty* sure that she said "F*cking shoe" just the other day though. I try very hard to never say anything like that in front of her- but I've slipped in the car when driving. Oops... I have had to yell at John quite a few times for it but he's been pretty good lately. So how do we get her to stop? I don't draw attention to it when she does say it (or when I think she says it) and I certainly don't scold her or anything. So if you're supposed to ignore it how do you get them to stop saying it? Or saying what you think they're saying?

That reminds me of a story that my dad has told me a few times- even though I've heard it more than once it still makes me laugh. I was pretty young- maybe 4- and dad & I were going to my Grammy Hans'. Something or other happened and my dad used the "F word" in a sentence. Me sitting in the back in all my innocence said "Dad, you said f*ck!" To which he replies "No, I said firetruck." Now this goes on for a few minutes until we are almost to my Grammy's when I say "Dad you said firetruck.". Needless to say my dad was quite relieved because all he could imagine was me going in to my Grammy's & telling her what he said.

I think we're entering terrible twos territory... the past few weeks Delilah has been more difficult than usual. I do have to say though that even though she can push buttons she is the sweetest little girl ever. She listens (for the most part) really well and gives hugs n kisses (most of the time). She'll also kiss your booboo and say "Bless you" when we sneeze. I hope we can remember what we did with her when we have the next one LoL!

I am now stumped on what to do for bedding. I really like the ladybug set I had found however it's extremely expensive for what you get. Or what you don't get should I say. Included for $89.99 you get the comforter, pillow sham, bedskirt & valance. Add in shipping and handling and that's just about $100. I found a cute set on Tar.get's website (not ladybugs) but I just don't know what to do. I guess I can worry more when we do switch her to a big girl bed but I thought I had my mind made up. Argh... stupid ladybug bedding.


Practicing putting diapers on to help mom with the new baby

Comments

I don't know what anyone else has done to get their kids to stop saying a word, but I would just repeat what she said, but use a different word. So, instead of f*** Shoe, say Cute shoe! Or something, and sound really excited about it, then she'll forget the first word, and start using the words you're excited about. Stewart has slipped and sworn a few times around Hayden, and Hayden's repeated him, but luckily it's just that one time, and I make Stewart apologize to Hayden and tell him that we're not supposed to say those words. That's seemed to work for us!
Ashley Rawlings said…
Ahhh the terrible two's! Now some real fun begins ;) Shawn never really went through them, he waited until 3 and it all hit the fan. Landon decided 2 was perfect to live up to the "terrible 2's" name.

I thought once or twice I heard Delilah say that, but I wasn't quite sure! LOL. Your friend above gave some great suggestions!!

We'll have to get the kiddos all together here soon (or just you and I for a mom's outing) :)
Elizabeth said…
Ciera- That's a great suggestion! Thanks!!

Ash- I've only ever thought I heard it for real maybe twice so it's probably just like when Shawn would say "Thank you" and "Peanuts" LMAO! Any other time it's usually her saying fork or frog (as in her froggie blanket).

We totally need to get the kids together AND also have a get together just us gals :-D

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway