Appointment Day Woes
Yesterday was my first appointment to confirm my pregnancy (which went awesome and you can read about it here). Delilah and John went with me because I thought it would be neat for Delilah to see her new baby brother/sister on the screen and for John because the only appointment he got to go with me to was the 20 week appointment when I was pregnant with Delilah. After a short wait in the waiting room we were taken back to the little cubby so I could get weighed, have my height & blood pressure taken, and empty my bladder for the ultrasound. Delilah immediately got upset and wanted me to hold her so I did. The nurse was taking my blood pressure which also upset Delilah until I explained to her that it wasn't hurting mommy. After that I got weighed (I lost 5 pounds from my last dr. appointment when I went in for a suspected UTI! I was shocked to say the least), went to the bathroom and waited for the nurse to come back. She lead us to the exam room where I stripped from the bottom down and sat on the table with a sheet over my lap. Delilah was having a good old time entertaining herself as we waited for my midwife, A, to come in. I thought Delilah would get shy & clingy when A came in but she didn't. She was actually a little show offy for her. That was until it was time to start things and Delilah didn't want to sit still or sit with John.
I was quite embarrassed by her behavior and apologized to A who stated it was ok as they were used to it. When it was time for the ultrasound A had John turn off the lights. Delilah wanted me to hold her and when I told her I couldn't she started crying. John brought her a little closer to me and I held her hand which seemed to help calm her down. Not long after A turned the screen around so we could all see the baby. Delilah really enjoyed that part of the appointment and was even pointing to the baby on the screen. We saw the heart beating nicely and apparently the baby was moving quite a bit but I didn't even see it. I don't know why because I was looking hard to see it move but nothing. John said he saw it though.
After our appointment we headed to Rep.til.e La.n.d. I really thought Delilah would enjoy it and I think she did to an extent but she wasn't the most pleasant. She wouldn't let me put her down to walk and she wouldn't let John hold her either. So I had to pretty much hold her the whole time. When I did have John take her she started crying. Ugh what a day! But in her defense all this happened when it was nap time so she was cranky.



The turtle I made for a son's friend for his birthday
I was quite embarrassed by her behavior and apologized to A who stated it was ok as they were used to it. When it was time for the ultrasound A had John turn off the lights. Delilah wanted me to hold her and when I told her I couldn't she started crying. John brought her a little closer to me and I held her hand which seemed to help calm her down. Not long after A turned the screen around so we could all see the baby. Delilah really enjoyed that part of the appointment and was even pointing to the baby on the screen. We saw the heart beating nicely and apparently the baby was moving quite a bit but I didn't even see it. I don't know why because I was looking hard to see it move but nothing. John said he saw it though.
After our appointment we headed to Rep.til.e La.n.d. I really thought Delilah would enjoy it and I think she did to an extent but she wasn't the most pleasant. She wouldn't let me put her down to walk and she wouldn't let John hold her either. So I had to pretty much hold her the whole time. When I did have John take her she started crying. Ugh what a day! But in her defense all this happened when it was nap time so she was cranky.



The turtle I made for a son's friend for his birthday
Comments
LOVE the turtle... the colors are adorable on it!
Maybe next time Pappy and I can go along, and our little boo can be entertained by the slimy things and Pappy too!!!
That's a great idea Mom- I'm sure she'd love going with her pappy & grammy :-D