We survived the weekend!
This past weekend was John's first weekend on the job. He started Friday at 4:00. Friday night was sooo nice and peaceful. I worked on a knitted toy for Shawn's birthday present for Sunday and didn't turn on the TV for hours. I actually went to sleep pretty easily without John there. Saturday after Delilah's nap we picked up a friend of mine and went to the park. After the park we went to visit daddy at work and take him some supper. Then it was Walm.art and home. Once Delilah was in bed I had another nice quiet evening. However this time I didn't get to sleep as easily. I missed John :-( Sunday morning we went to visit daddy at work again before we headed off to Auntie Ashley's for Shawn & Landon's birthday party. John's bosses are sooo nice! They said we can visit any time we want and we can spend the weekend whenever we want! He can do whatever he wants when he's there- read, watch TV, be on his laptop, and even play video games. He has it really good there! I wish I could do that stuff at my job LoL
For the boys' presents I made them each a knitted toy. For Landon I made a piggy and for Shawn I made a tropical fish. The pig was easy. All one color. The fish was more complicated. It has multiple colors using techniques I've never done before. But I was determined. After watching videos on these two techniques (Fair Isle and Intarsia) for a few days I finally got the jist of it and started the fish. It wasn't working out like the pattern was indicating it should so I cut out two stitches. Bad idea. From there it just kind of got more messed up. That's when I decided to kind of draw it out to see what was going on. Then I got it. Duh! The pattern was like if you were making a bracelet that had a name in the middle and you wanted to match on both sides. So I started over. This time I did it right. And it turned out really good for my first ever multi-colored project.
The party was lots of fun- Delilah really enjoyed playing with the boys (more so I think when most of the people there had gone home ;-) ). The boys got a lot of cute toys and everyone really liked the knitted animals. I'm going to make a fish for Landon so they both have fishies but the main colors are going to be switched around.
Delilah being silly at my parents

The fish

The Piggy (I couldn't get it to collage right)




Party Pics Courtesy of Auntie Ashley

For the boys' presents I made them each a knitted toy. For Landon I made a piggy and for Shawn I made a tropical fish. The pig was easy. All one color. The fish was more complicated. It has multiple colors using techniques I've never done before. But I was determined. After watching videos on these two techniques (Fair Isle and Intarsia) for a few days I finally got the jist of it and started the fish. It wasn't working out like the pattern was indicating it should so I cut out two stitches. Bad idea. From there it just kind of got more messed up. That's when I decided to kind of draw it out to see what was going on. Then I got it. Duh! The pattern was like if you were making a bracelet that had a name in the middle and you wanted to match on both sides. So I started over. This time I did it right. And it turned out really good for my first ever multi-colored project.
The party was lots of fun- Delilah really enjoyed playing with the boys (more so I think when most of the people there had gone home ;-) ). The boys got a lot of cute toys and everyone really liked the knitted animals. I'm going to make a fish for Landon so they both have fishies but the main colors are going to be switched around.
Delilah being silly at my parents

The fish

The Piggy (I couldn't get it to collage right)
Party Pics Courtesy of Auntie Ashley

Comments
We are so happy for you guys with John's job. This was a much deserved break for you all. And how wonderful that his boss is so family oriented. These days, you can't go wrong with that!
Can't wait to see you guys again!!
Cute pics!