Flag Day

Ahhh Flag Day... I don't know what it's for or why there's a holiday for it. All I know is that I love Flag Day because it's a day off from work for me! So yesterday since I had off we headed up to Re.d Lob.ster to celebrate John's employment. The food was sooo good- but unfortunately I had a tummy ache after :-\ Then we went to T.J. Maxx to try to find John another tie and I wanted to look for a new suit coat (I had an interview today). After that it was off to Toys R Us where I wanted to find Delilah some sort of bubble toy since she loves bubbles so much. We got her a bubble mower. Our last stop was A.C. Moore where I got yarn for a few birthday present projects I've got going. While we didn't stop at that many places we were really ready to head home after our stop at A.C. Moore. It was Delilah's nap time and that girl was grumpy!

After Delilah's (and our) nap went fed her supper and then headed outside to play with the bubble mower. She enjoyed pushing it around but no bubbles really came out. You pretty much would have to run (if you were a little one) with it to get them to come out! And they just blew right on the ground- not in the air. Piece of crap! She did get a little frustrated with it because our ground is uneven and it would get stuck. Instead of asking for help she decided to bite the mower handle. After she did this about 1 or 2 more times after the first time she got a time out. After her timeout she went back to playing with the mower. But she got frustrated again and again bit the mower handle. This time she started crying and John went over and picked her up. When he did he noticed blood. I'm not sure what she did but somehow she bled from somewhere. I checked but couldn't find anything. Poor babe.

Tonight she got mad at bath time because John wanted her to put her head back so he could rinse her hair. But she wouldn't so he kind of tried to make her. She leaned forward and bit the bubbles! Then started crying because she got bubbles in her mouth. O boo!! LoL

Dad blowin' bubbles for me

Mowin' the grass for dad

Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
Awww poor girl... I couldn't help but laugh at the "biting bubbles bit." Those lawnmowers are a little goofy to say the least. You'd think they should just shoot out bubbles when the kid pushes it, ya know?
Mom said…
Ah, poor little dear...
Hopefully this "biting" phase is short-lived.

Great action shots of Daddy's helper!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway