Ode to Family & Friends

I found a few quotes last night that I particularly like...

What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories.
-George Eliot


A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no aw, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.
- Agatha Christie

Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
- Brad Henry

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
-
Walter Winchell

So this is to my family & my friends...

John- You are the love of my life. I never knew what true happiness was until I met you- you are my other half. You are my soul mate. You are the only person I want to be with for the rest of my life. I know that whatever life throws at us we will handle anything. We can take on anything as long as we're doing it together. I love you.

Delilah- You are the light & love of my life. Nothing in this world is better than looking in to your sweet, innocent face & seeing that smile. You make our lives complete my dear little one. I will do anything to protect you from any danger, any ignorant person... anything. We love you my darling.

Mom & Dad- You two are the strength in our lives. Without you we would have nothing. Thank you so much for being there for us when we need you most. Thank you for the way you raised me & the life you provided for me. You accept me- all my quirks, my "weirdness", my faults. I carry those lessons, morals, ethics, and values that came from you and carry that over to the way we choose to raise Delilah. You accept that Delilah is our daughter & we have a certain way we want to raise her. But I know that you're never far away if I need advice. Never could I ask for better, more supportive, more loving parents than the ones I have been blessed with.

And last but not least...

Ashley- You are my best friend... you bring so much joy, happiness, & fun in to our lives. There is never a dull moment with you, Jon & the boys. You are more than just my best friend- you are, in every aspect of the word, my sister. You are there for us when we need you. You inspire me- I look at how you raise the boys... the values you try to instill & the lessons you try to teach and I take from that & incorporate it in the way we raise Delilah. Not one of my friends that I know is a better mother than you are to those boys. Or a better wife. Or a better friend. We love you.

To my friends & family- we love you. We appreciate all the ways you are there for us. Thank you for being who you are and thank you for accepting who we are & the way we do things.

~All my love: Elizabeth/Liz


Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
Awwww Liz! I can't write "I think I'm going to cry" because I am... happy tears though. What you wrote was wonderful... the whole way around... about your husband, daughter, parents, and me... your sister :)
I love you too... so much. And you and John are the best family would could ask for. Delilah is the luckiest little girl in the world to have you for a mother. You are an inspiration to mothers all around!
Mom said…
Aw, thank you so much for the uplifting words. I have tears in my eyes. You're the bestest mommy and daddy in the whole wide world. I love you all - to the end of the universe - and beyond!!!!
Now off to work I go with these warm feelings in my heart. Hugs and kisses to all....
Lauren said…
I have to say that is the most precious and loving family photo I have EVER seen! Delilah looks so happy and loved. There is such a sense of calm on her face like she knows it couldn't get any better!!!! As nice as your words were, the picture brought tears to my eyes. I don't think I have ever seen a baby project so much emotion through a photo!!! Absolutely wonderful!
Larissa said…
Those notes to your friends and family are so sweet, it made me tear up. Thanks for the advice Liz, it's good to hear a good experience with medication since I've only seen the bad. I'm so glad I found your blog!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway