Gum balls & licorice
So we made it through the first week of my going back to work... it wasn't too bad... I did well coping (better than I thought I would) and Delilah did very well for daddy. It also helps that I get to come home for lunch & see her. While I'm surviving at work I'm still waiting for the day that John gets that awesome job where I can stay home with her. I just pray that day will come soon!
So these next parts are kind of random... I tried to keep it to what happened today & then work my way back. This time I ~do~ have pics to share too!!
Today was another great first.... Delilah said "Dada"!! It was mixed in with a few other things but it was a definite "Dada" :-D
At lunch today John gave me some yummy licorice. While eating it, Delilah grabbed a hold of it (I was holding her while eating it). She played with it a little- her hands an iron grip around it- before gumming it. She had her first taste of licorice today & she really seemed to enjoy it (obviously I did not let her really eat it but I did let her gum it a little & we got pictures- it was too cute not to!).
Yesterday I was playing with Delilah & her fisher-price gum ball machine. You pull the lever & out comes a "gum"ball that has an object inside it (usually an animal, but there's also a diamond ring, a lollipop, etc.). I took Delilah's hand & put it on the lever where she held it there until it fell off releasing the lever & a "gum"ball. Suddenly she's putting her hand on the lever herself & pulling it!! I was soo proud of her :-D She figured it out alll for herself.
Today- both for John & for myself- Delilah crawled!! Well.... more like she scooted. She was on the floor on her tummy & she started scooting herself backwards LoL
The other day I was drinking some water when Delilah reached for the bottle. I held it up to her lips & she actually drank some. She definitely likes water. She even got upset when I took the bottle away from her. Why won't she take a baby bottle when she takes a water bottle LoL
It just amazes me how smart she is & how fast she catches on to things. I know that when I would think of babies I would just think of them as these little creatures who just were. You don't realize how smart they are, how much they understand & how truly their own little person they can be. My heart just swells with pride when I see the milestones she reaches & all her accomplishments.
There are so many videos I want to share but they take sooo long to upload to the blog :-( So I won't be posting them. If you want to see them let me know & I can e-mail them to you because they are sooo cute!



"I can do it myself Dad!"
So these next parts are kind of random... I tried to keep it to what happened today & then work my way back. This time I ~do~ have pics to share too!!
Today was another great first.... Delilah said "Dada"!! It was mixed in with a few other things but it was a definite "Dada" :-D
At lunch today John gave me some yummy licorice. While eating it, Delilah grabbed a hold of it (I was holding her while eating it). She played with it a little- her hands an iron grip around it- before gumming it. She had her first taste of licorice today & she really seemed to enjoy it (obviously I did not let her really eat it but I did let her gum it a little & we got pictures- it was too cute not to!).
Yesterday I was playing with Delilah & her fisher-price gum ball machine. You pull the lever & out comes a "gum"ball that has an object inside it (usually an animal, but there's also a diamond ring, a lollipop, etc.). I took Delilah's hand & put it on the lever where she held it there until it fell off releasing the lever & a "gum"ball. Suddenly she's putting her hand on the lever herself & pulling it!! I was soo proud of her :-D She figured it out alll for herself.
Today- both for John & for myself- Delilah crawled!! Well.... more like she scooted. She was on the floor on her tummy & she started scooting herself backwards LoL
The other day I was drinking some water when Delilah reached for the bottle. I held it up to her lips & she actually drank some. She definitely likes water. She even got upset when I took the bottle away from her. Why won't she take a baby bottle when she takes a water bottle LoL
It just amazes me how smart she is & how fast she catches on to things. I know that when I would think of babies I would just think of them as these little creatures who just were. You don't realize how smart they are, how much they understand & how truly their own little person they can be. My heart just swells with pride when I see the milestones she reaches & all her accomplishments.
There are so many videos I want to share but they take sooo long to upload to the blog :-( So I won't be posting them. If you want to see them let me know & I can e-mail them to you because they are sooo cute!



"I can do it myself Dad!"
Comments
This little girl is growing up so fast before our eyes!