Quiet on the blog land front
It seems quiet in blog land lately... I know I haven't had much to say myself either...
Hmm.... Delilah's saying "no" and "bye"... she can't say yes but she knows how to respond to convey yes. She doesn't want me to rock her any more :-( I wouldn't rock her to sleep but for a few minutes before bed she & I would have our snuggle time. Now she just wants to play with the arm rest of the glider or give kisses to the zebra & bird on the comforter hanging over the glider. The past two nights when I asked her if she wanted to go to sleep she "said" yes. My little girl is growing up! *sniff sniff* Time for another one LoL!
The other day she was standing behind the one wall & kind of peeked out around it and said "Boo!" It was so stinkin' cute!
Last Saturday she tried to bite me- that's right... my sweet little darling tried to bite me! Why you ask? Well because she wanted to go around to the side of the end table that I didn't want her at. So I was holding on to her hand so she couldn't go over there. In one outburst of frustration she tried biting my hand. I feel bad because I kind of yelled at her instead of just telling her firmly no biting but it caught me off guard I think. I went to put her on a time out but she was so distraught that she nearly threw herself at me so I could console her. She definitely knows she's not supposed to and I think that was part of the reason she was crying so hard. Just like when she tries to hit you in the face when she gets frustrated. You tell her no hitting & she leans in for a kiss. Ya know, because a kiss from an adorable little boo like that makes it allll better ;-D
On a sad note (and I'm a few days behind on this) my friend Misty who was blessed with a baby has suffered a loss. Misty I am so sorry- I was praying for you & your DH so hard. I just hope that you & your DH can find peace soon.
Well it's late & time for ice cream... I'll have pics next time!
Hmm.... Delilah's saying "no" and "bye"... she can't say yes but she knows how to respond to convey yes. She doesn't want me to rock her any more :-( I wouldn't rock her to sleep but for a few minutes before bed she & I would have our snuggle time. Now she just wants to play with the arm rest of the glider or give kisses to the zebra & bird on the comforter hanging over the glider. The past two nights when I asked her if she wanted to go to sleep she "said" yes. My little girl is growing up! *sniff sniff* Time for another one LoL!
The other day she was standing behind the one wall & kind of peeked out around it and said "Boo!" It was so stinkin' cute!
Last Saturday she tried to bite me- that's right... my sweet little darling tried to bite me! Why you ask? Well because she wanted to go around to the side of the end table that I didn't want her at. So I was holding on to her hand so she couldn't go over there. In one outburst of frustration she tried biting my hand. I feel bad because I kind of yelled at her instead of just telling her firmly no biting but it caught me off guard I think. I went to put her on a time out but she was so distraught that she nearly threw herself at me so I could console her. She definitely knows she's not supposed to and I think that was part of the reason she was crying so hard. Just like when she tries to hit you in the face when she gets frustrated. You tell her no hitting & she leans in for a kiss. Ya know, because a kiss from an adorable little boo like that makes it allll better ;-D
On a sad note (and I'm a few days behind on this) my friend Misty who was blessed with a baby has suffered a loss. Misty I am so sorry- I was praying for you & your DH so hard. I just hope that you & your DH can find peace soon.
Well it's late & time for ice cream... I'll have pics next time!
Comments
You forget all the hard stuff about pregnancy until you go through it again, then it all comes rushing back to you!
Hayden went through a biting phase. Luckily he's out of it, unless he gets really frustrated, then he tries to bite, but we just tell him no and he looks at us like, "oops!" It's funny. He used to bite toes all the time! Then we told him that toes are only for kissing, now if he sees your toes, he runs over to them and kisses them! It's adorable!