Playing catch-up

Ok so I'm a liar... I haven't made any attempt to blog at all. I don't have the ambition between working all day and coming home and trying to figure out which projects I have to get done when. Of course those projects are self imposed and I could carve out time to blog but I just don't.

I'm going to update one by one:

Me- the past 3 months I've been having a heavy cycle. Prior to starting my cycle up again after having Tatum I was contemplating something called endometrial ablation. It stops your lining from growing and so no period. But then I read about having to be on birth control. I didn't know if that would apply to me since I got a tubal ligation but I dropped it. Anyway after my 3rd heavy period I decided to see the doctor about it and inquire as to whether they would do the ablation after all. As I drove in the day of my appointment I thought to myself 'I'm wasting my time going. They're just going to tell me I have to take birth control.' But I went anyway and I'm glad I did! When I got there the doctor told me there were a few options- a type of medicine I could take on the heaviest days that would help lighten the bleeding, birth control pills, the shot, etc., or there were surgical options.

I told him 'I'll tell you now- I don't want a pill and I don't want the shot. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the tubal.' I expressed my interest in the ablation and he said ok. I was surprised! Then the doctor pulled out the internal ultrasound wand so they could make sure there was nothing more going on. He starts looking around and says "Ah ha!" Initially that freaked me out because crazy thoughts of what he found were running through my head. But what they found was a fibroid. One large enough to be causing the heavy bleeding among other symptoms I've been experiencing. They're going to remove it and do the ablation the same day- so I have surgery coming up later this month.

Delilah- Delilah has become such a big girl. She is the most amazing little girl. As I mentioned previously I had her on a list for a preschool called A.gapeland. I was getting nervous about her getting a spot in one of their classes so I suggested we register her with a preschool here in town just in case. On the most recent holiday we had we stopped in at Otter.bein preschool to pick up a registration paper. The head teacher there asked me if she would be starting now to which I replied I didn't know she could go now. I left without giving her an answer because even though I thought it would be a good idea I wanted to see what John thought. John being John of course didn't really give me an answer. I began saying how this place would be better because it'd be closer to home which would mean a closer drive for John. I really didn't think she'd be getting in to Agape.land so I was trying to make myself feel better about this preschool. I wanted his opinion but his lack of made me think he didn't think it was a good idea. But that wasn't really the case- he just didn't have an opinion. I called the head teacher back after we ate dinner and informed her Delilah would be starting. She gave us a start date of 2/28 since the next day they were closed.

A few days later I received a call from the head teacher at Aga.peland informing me that Delilah had a spot in their fall class! I was so excited. But then I was a little worried because we were already starting her at the other preschool. I was prepared to go home to make my argument to John as to why Delilah should go to Agape.land. When I got home I told John we had gotten a call from the head teacher at Agape.land and she said Delilah had a spot in one of their classes. I told him I thought she should go there. I was about to go on explaining why but he surprised me by agreeing. We decided Delilah should still go to the preschool in town because we already told her she was going and also to help her start getting used to being away from us in that kind of atmosphere.

This past Tuesday was her first day of preschool. I took some of the morning off of work so we could all take her. I was worried when we got there there would be tears... from her, from us... but I was surprised. No one cried! She didn't even cry when I told her it was time for us to go. She really enjoyed herself & even made me a lovely picture.

Tatum- Tatum has been amazing us by how much she's been growing. Intellectually and physically. In the past month she's stood on her own, held the pen to Delilah's doodle pad and drew with it, helped put toys away, climbed one stair on the steps... walked more! She's super snuggly, sticks up for herself when Delilah won't leave her alone, and throws tantrums. Which I can't believe because Delilah didn't do things like that until she was older. Tatum will actually throw herself backward when she gets mad.

She has also suffered her first illness. As well as Delilah. One Monday John got Tatum up from her nap and gave her a bottle. After her bottle he sat her up and she just threw up the entire contents of the bottle. She continued throwing up a couple times throughout the afternoon and maybe 2-3 more times after I got home. After that she was ok and slept well. In the morning she was all better. I was hoping upon hope she wouldn't have passed it on to any of us but that hope was quickly extinguished. That Wednesday Delilah got it- I had gotten home not long before and suddenly she just starts throwing up all over her blanket. It was terrible. All over the floor in the living room and the kitchen. The poor baby later tried to make herself not throw up but we told her to just let it out. I didn't know what to do- I felt helpless. That's the first time she's ever thrown up. I mean I know when I have to I just run to the bathroom and while I knew I had to get her to the bathroom my mind just shut down. That Thursday John & I got it. Thankfully I didn't throw up- I hate throwing up. Not that any one enjoys it but I'm actually kind of afraid to do it :-\ Well now that we've covered that lovely topic how about some pictures?



Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
Wow, that was a long (and welcomed) blog! I can't believe D is in preschool now! Did you just have her?? Love the pics of her first day!!!

I wonder if Tater will be full out walking before her birthday?!?! She's a woman on the move!!
Mom said…
nice pics...thanks for the update!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway

Gosh I suck