Almost a month since I last blogged- where does the time go? What to write about? I have no idea. Basically things are pretty boring. We've just been doing what John does while I work... going to Target for our weekly Target visit, going to the marina when it's nice, visiting John's parents. We've also visited Ash & the boys for some play dates. Other than that it's been low key which is nice since I only get three months with Tatum. Don't get me wrong I know I'm lucky to have the time I do with Tatum but I just wish I could have six months with her.

My mom has since stopped coming during the weekends as I can lift Delilah again. It's not too bad actually- I was worried about it but I'm surviving. I've even been able to get them places by myself. Usually just to visit John at work or for our weekly Sunday visit to my parents. Last Saturday I did make a trip to this place called Wendt's Pork Palace (they have yummy wing dings) with Ashley and the 5 kids. We also survived and even left with our sanity in tact. Everyone did such a great job!

Tatum has really been talking a lot and smiling like crazy. I love how easy it is to get her to smile. Delilah really made you work for it and while Tatum does sometimes make you work for a smile it's not nearly as hard to make her smile as it was Delilah. The only complaint I really have is that she does NOT want to nap! Which in turn makes for a cranky baby. I think we might've come up with a solution today though. We're going to put her down at the scheduled times and swaddle her. Normally we don't swaddle her because she doesn't seem to like it but today John swaddled her and she didn't fight the sleep like at all. Tatum has been going to bed anywhere between 7 and 9 the past few weeks- it's nice to have that time back like we had when Delilah went to bed.

Delilah still adores her & loves to help out. She always wants to give Tatum her binkie even if Tatum doesn't really want it. She also likes to help give her the bottle although she loses interest not even a minute after holding it for her. Then she says "I'm done." Potty training is still a work in progress but I know we'll get there one day. It's been tough this week since I'm injured- I don't know what I did but something happened to my knee on Sunday and I went to the ER. I have an appointment with orthopedics this Friday.

On Mother's Day we had Tatum baptized. I don't know what I was thinking but I decided to do the baptism at the 8:00 service. Since I didn't know how on earth I would ever be able to get them to the church on time from our house we spent the night at my parents. We did pretty good on time but ended up being late anyway because right before we were going to walk out of the door Delilah decided she had to poop. Luckily when we got there they were still singing and hadn't started. Good thing too because after the singing was done they started the baptisms! The baptism and service were both really nice. Tatum was given this lovely blanket a woman from the congregation had made.

Last week Delilah had her first ER visit. We were in the kitchen and she was helping me unload the dishwasher. Something she likes to do and has done many times. I was on the phone with my brother and not really paying attention when Delilah pulled her hand back quickly. I knew without seeing what happened, what happened. I yelled to my brother that I had to go and hung up while grabbing a paper towel. She had cut her finger on the food processor blade that was in the top rack. I felt so terrible- it shouldn't have happened. I should've been watching better but since she had pretty much just been standing there and not handing me anything I wasn't. And of course we don't usually have anything like that on the top rack or let her hand us anything dangerous. Anyway it didn't seem as though it was going to stop bleeding so I told John that I needed to take her to the ER. I couldn't figure out how to get her there driving and keeping pressure on the cut. And John couldn't take me because of Tatum. So I walked. She ended up not needing stitches- Yay!- and the dr. said it was more of a cut like when you cut yourself shaving. Looks bad but isn't deep. The funny part of the whole mess was while walking her to the ER- ya know carrying her in one arm while using the other one to keep pressure on the cut- my pants fell down! And people driving by saw. But at least I won't ever see them again! LoL



Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
I just love her baptism dress!!! And that little smirky smile she's giving too! We had a great time with you both times you visited, when we visited, and Wendts!! See, if we can take all 5 kiddos out to eat we can do ANYTHING!

Hope your knee is better soon!
Dang! I'm glad that Delilah didn't need stitches. Sounds like you've had fun with 2 girls! I love how much Delilah likes helping you with Tatum. I'm sure it's cute to them together!
Morgan Owens said…
Thanks for the update..we were missing you! :)
Good luck on getting Tatum to nap, hopefully the swaddling works!
Poor Delilah, I'm glad she is okay and didn't need stitches! Mason has to get stitches a few months ago for cutting his hand on something at my work and I was crying at the ER and felt so bad, I felt like it was my fault..but the Dr was nice a reassured me that kids are going to be curious kids, and they are going to get hurt in the process and us parents can't always prevent it no matter how hard we try. :)
Mom said…
you may never see them again, but they'll sure remember your nice butt!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway