Gosh I feel like I never have anything to blog about anymore- hence the time between posts lately. Let's see- Delilah is completely out of diapers/pull-ups except for nap/bedtime and pooping. She'll only poop in a pull-up and I'm thinking we're going to need to hide them. But on the other hand I don't want her to hold it and become constipated and have a belly ache. How do I get her to poop on the potty?!
Tatum has been talking more and more- I just love her coos and babbles. It's like she's telling me this amazing story. Lately she's been trying to sit up from a laying down position. She raises her head up and tries so hard to sit up. Last Wednesday was supposed to be her 2 month pediatrician appointment. I had to reschedule it because I had an interview at the state hospital that I REALLY want- and of course John couldn't take her. I guess he had a legit excuse- he said he wouldn't know any of the answers to the questions the pediatrician would ask. Anyway it was rescheduled for June 2nd. Wednesday morning the dr. office called to tell me Tatum's pediatrician was going to be out of the office until June 13th and we needed to reschedule. They rescheduled her for June 24th- her 2 month appointment when she was 3 months! John said that was the last straw and we needed to call the Fam.ily Pra.ctice to see if they could get Tatum in like tomorrow. When we got home I called and scheduled an appointment with the pediatrician there. She's scheduled for tomorrow. When I called the other dr. office back to tell them I was canceling the receptionist asked when I wanted to schedule it for and I said I wasn't going to schedule another one because I was switching dr. offices. She didn't even ask why- you'd think they'd be interested in knowing why a client was leaving.
Yesterday we all went to Shawn & Landon's birthday party. Delilah had a really good time- she keeps talking about it and how some little kid blew out Shawn's candles. Yes, poor Shawn was deprived of blowing out his birthday candles but he handled it really well. Now if that kid's care giver would've just said something to the kid about doing it- you just don't let your kid blow out the birthday kid's candles & not say something! But anyway it was a lot of fun even though it was a bit overwhelming with all the kids. I think it's a defense mechanism for the adult brain to kind of zone out while there are so many kids around because I was zoning LoL Thank you Ashley for a wonderful party and food that wasn't sloppy Joes!
Ashley asked me to do two paintings for Liam's room- the 1st one was to be an owl with "Liam's Room" on it. The 2nd one was to have frogs on it and the phrase "Be your own kind of beautiful". I liked how the owl one turned out but I LOVED how the frog one turned out. I actually didn't even want to give it to Ashley I loved it that much LoL But I also couldn't wait to give it to her. I think it's one of the best paintings I've done in a long time. As I was painting it I realized that I miss painting and I'm not sure why I stopped.
I've recently become interested in roller derby. I always thought roller derby was just a bunch of women skating in a circle hurting each other but the other day at the dr. while I was waiting to get my blood pressure re-checked I read an article about it. I found out too that there is a local chapter about an hour away from here. And I want to do it. I think it sounds fun and like it'd be good exercise.


Liam's painting
Tatum has been talking more and more- I just love her coos and babbles. It's like she's telling me this amazing story. Lately she's been trying to sit up from a laying down position. She raises her head up and tries so hard to sit up. Last Wednesday was supposed to be her 2 month pediatrician appointment. I had to reschedule it because I had an interview at the state hospital that I REALLY want- and of course John couldn't take her. I guess he had a legit excuse- he said he wouldn't know any of the answers to the questions the pediatrician would ask. Anyway it was rescheduled for June 2nd. Wednesday morning the dr. office called to tell me Tatum's pediatrician was going to be out of the office until June 13th and we needed to reschedule. They rescheduled her for June 24th- her 2 month appointment when she was 3 months! John said that was the last straw and we needed to call the Fam.ily Pra.ctice to see if they could get Tatum in like tomorrow. When we got home I called and scheduled an appointment with the pediatrician there. She's scheduled for tomorrow. When I called the other dr. office back to tell them I was canceling the receptionist asked when I wanted to schedule it for and I said I wasn't going to schedule another one because I was switching dr. offices. She didn't even ask why- you'd think they'd be interested in knowing why a client was leaving.
Yesterday we all went to Shawn & Landon's birthday party. Delilah had a really good time- she keeps talking about it and how some little kid blew out Shawn's candles. Yes, poor Shawn was deprived of blowing out his birthday candles but he handled it really well. Now if that kid's care giver would've just said something to the kid about doing it- you just don't let your kid blow out the birthday kid's candles & not say something! But anyway it was a lot of fun even though it was a bit overwhelming with all the kids. I think it's a defense mechanism for the adult brain to kind of zone out while there are so many kids around because I was zoning LoL Thank you Ashley for a wonderful party and food that wasn't sloppy Joes!
Ashley asked me to do two paintings for Liam's room- the 1st one was to be an owl with "Liam's Room" on it. The 2nd one was to have frogs on it and the phrase "Be your own kind of beautiful". I liked how the owl one turned out but I LOVED how the frog one turned out. I actually didn't even want to give it to Ashley I loved it that much LoL But I also couldn't wait to give it to her. I think it's one of the best paintings I've done in a long time. As I was painting it I realized that I miss painting and I'm not sure why I stopped.
I've recently become interested in roller derby. I always thought roller derby was just a bunch of women skating in a circle hurting each other but the other day at the dr. while I was waiting to get my blood pressure re-checked I read an article about it. I found out too that there is a local chapter about an hour away from here. And I want to do it. I think it sounds fun and like it'd be good exercise.


Liam's painting
Comments