Blog Slacker

So I know I've been slacking on the blog not really posting much. Honestly it seems as though it takes a week to have enough to say LoL Don't get me wrong Delilah keeps us busy every day & she does cute, adorable things that make us laugh. And the not so endearing things like hitting... herself and us... and biting- herself... *sigh* Not sure what to do about it. Nothing we're doing seems to be working. Time outs lately are a joke to her- she thinks it's funny. What do you for that?

When Delilah was at her pediatrician appointment in February her pedi said that around 18-24 months is when kids start to show they're ready for potty training. I figured that when Delilah hit 18 months we'd buy her a potty to start getting her used to it. The other day when we were outside playing she pooped and when we asked her if she pooped she grabbed her "area". I told John we should buy her a potty since she seems aware of it when we ask her. We picked one up Friday afternoon and brought it home. She checked it out, opened & closed the lid, and we got her to sit on it. The the other day after changing a diaper I decided to sit her on it before I put her diaper back on to see what she'd do. She actually sat on it for quite a few minutes! So now we try to put her on it a little bit at a time after she has her diaper on to get her used to sitting on it. No pressure though- she'll definitely do this when she's ready. No doubt about that! LoL

John had a job interview 2 weeks ago yesterday and still hadn't heard anything from them. So he called Monday. Well the hiring lady wasn't there- she only works Tues-Thurs. Ugh! So we had to endure more torture until yesterday. John calls yesterday & the hiring lady tells him that they are still discussing it. She said that she really shouldn't put a time frame on things because she's always 3 weeks behind. So again we endure more torture *sigh*

At Kids.grove

Potty time!

Ice cream with dad

Playin' ball before bed

Comments

Kate Maurer said…
I feel as though this blog was written for me! ahaha, thank you!
Elizabeth said…
LoL Kate- well you just might be right on all accounts!! I figured it was time to do another after I saw your last comment hehe :-)
Mom said…
Wow, how did that happen? She's actually sitting in the grass!! Can't wait to see my little love tomorrow!

Popular posts from this blog

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway

Gosh I suck