Our little girl is a big girl now :-\

Today Ashley & I went for a walk through the cemetery again. It's funny but she asked me if it was morbid to let Shawn walk around (which would benefit her making the double stroller a little bit lighter hehe). I don't think so. I mean, people are so weird about cemeteries but why? They're supposed to be a place of peace and serenity where people can come & remember the good times they had with their loved ones. Maybe it's a romantic idea because I know it's not like that for everyone but for me it is. It's not weird. And in my opinion the kids are going to have to learn about it someday anyway. It's not something I'm going to hide from my daughter- when the time is right she'll know about life and death. But right now they're just little kids/babies & don't know any better about this neat place with lots of trees to climb (or well, go up to them wanting to climb them ;-) ) and steps to play on.

Tonight we haven't had any better of a time putting her to bed. She cried for 15 minutes before John went up.. and picked her up even though I told him not to. I know how it is though- it's hard to let her lay there and cry. Anyway, he came back down after not being able to get her to sleep and I went up. I also ended up picking her up & then lay on the bed with her. Shortly after I called John upstairs to see if he thought we should put her in her crib. We switched the monitor over to her bedroom & lay her down to sleep in her crib for the very first time (*sigh*). She still cried & was having no part of going to sleep but we only had to go upstairs two times before she finally gave in. And we did ~not~ pick her up those two times ;-) That was around 8:15. I'm hoping that with being in her room where the blinds make it super dark as opposed to our bedroom where the light filters through fairly brightly for being room darkening blinds she'll be able to fall asleep more easily. It's going to be so weird not having her over in our room. It's going to be weird with it pitch black in there with no nightlight (how am I going to feed her?). It's change and change I don't like.

Tomorrow is her 4 month pediatrician appointment. More shots- boo! I'm sure she'll be fine though. She did really well with her 2 month shots. I'm hoping her pedi will give us the go ahead to try vegetables soon. I guess it's around 5 months you can give them but I'm not sure I can wait 2 weeks... ok, I suppose I ~could~ but that doesn't mean I want to ;-)

P.S. I ~know~ she's not exactly a big girl now being only 4 months and all. Even when she is a big girl someday she'll always be our little girl.

Comments

Mom said…
Maybe you could try making the time a little bit later to put her down for the night. Who knows, it might help, although I did get to see her in action the other night and it seemed as though you could have waited until MUCH later and nothing was going to work.

I'm glad you are all getting to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!
Ashley Rawlings said…
I really think the new things that you are trying will work. Just stick it out and it pay off greatly. All the girls on my board that have gone through this are so glad they did it in the end and have wonderful sleepers that they can just lay them down for the night and they get themselves to sleep!

Thanks for the walk. Jon thought we were weird for letting Shawn "knock knock" on those doors lol. Oh well, we had fun, right? ;) And I love our new walking spot. Its very quiet and calm and away from all that traffic :)
Liz said…
Mom- we ended up taking her up last night about 6:45 and let her play a little. Then I fed her & we tried to put her down. I just don't wanna push it back much later.

Ash- Thanks :-) I know it'll pay off in the end but I do hate to hear her cry (like any mommy does heh) I think it was funny that he knocked on the doors LoL Like you said though, we had fun :-D I love the new spot too!
Misty Dawn said…
I can't believe she is 4months! Too cute!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway