I love it
I love it when a friend meets Delilah for the first time. I love seeing the reaction they have- especially when they hold her for the first time. And even more so if they're not used to holding children. There's this fear- you can almost smell it LoL Not that I wasn't the same way before. I didn't know the "right" way exactly to hold a kid. And I always thought something was wrong with me because they'd cry. John's niece Abby cried, Shawn cried... Landon didn't- although Landon had been out in the world for a few hours & was tired from all the excitement. I must excuse Shawn from this "classification" because he was fresh out of the proverbial oven. Lots going on for that little man. Nothing is more special than being a part of a birth & seeing that little life coming out. I got to experience that with my best friend & she, for the most part, got to experience it with me. I would've loved to experience pushing Delilah out & having John, Ashley & my mom there. But Delilah was a stubborn one (still is!) and she decided she'd rather come out a different way. It was still special though :-)
Smell the fear ;-)

Freshly bathed

Smell the fear ;-)
Freshly bathed
Comments
Having you there for Shawn's birth was wonderful. You will always be able to tell your little "nephew"... I saw you into this world... little tush and all ;)
Thank you again, so much, for having me there through your labor with Delilah. Even though things took an unexpected turn, healthy mom and healthy baby was the greatest gift ;)