Grandparents are truly grand

So you always hear about my parents & see pictures of my mom and dad with Delilah. But you never hear about John's parents. Not because we don't love them but usually because I don't really have any stories about them. Monday we went to John's parents for a visit- usually we go Saturdays but with John's mom's work schedule we usually only get to go for 2 hours until we have to leave to put Delilah to bed. Like usual she gave PapPap the lip and cried a bit. I think as far as the crying, she was just tired. Little munch has been giving us problems with naptime. For some reason she always gives PapPap the lip and we just can't figure it out. Mary picked up John's niece, Khloe, and nephew, Trey, on the way home from work. Those two are so silly. Khloe has been giving big girl undies a go and as a result her pants don't stay up. The new fashion of the season is butt crack LoL I was sitting next to Trey on the couch & he says to me "You're not wearing any socks." I said "I never wear socks." and he says "Yes, you do." Actually I don't ever wear socks- not even in the winter. And until last winter I wore my Birkenstock sandals year round.

Tuesday my mom came over- she comes down Tuesday & we also see her and my dad on Sundays. I always feel like she doesn't get to hold Delilah enough on Tuesdays because she's a fuss bucket from lack of daytime naps. But I never fail to take some pics when she does get to hold her.

Also on Tuesday we went to lunch & to the mall with Auntie Ashley, Shawn & Landon. It was lots of fun until we were about to leave and realized Ash's coat was missing. Shawn was napping in this car cart thinger that you can rent for $5 and was super uncomfortable. I suggested Ashley prop her coat under his head & she did. Some time after he woke up & we made our way to the exit it was gone. We back tracked & checked out the stores it could possibly be in. We even went to the mall customer service area but alas no one had turned the coat in. Pray that someone found it & turned it in- I feel bad :-\

Today we did a whole lot of nothing. I stayed in dressed in my "bum" clothes while John went grocery shopping. That's right- John went grocery shopping. We've both agreed that since he seems to get a whole lot of stuff for little $ while I get a whole lot of stuff for a lot of $$ that he should probably just go from now on. As he was leaving I was trying to put Delilah down for a nap.. I say I tried to put her down but in fact we actually hold her & kind of rock her while she naps (I know, not a good idea- one we're trying to remedy). That nap lasted all of 30 minutes. Her 2nd nap of the day started out in her bedroom. We're trying to accustom her to her crib for when we transition her to her room. I wrapped her up, lay her down & went downstairs. It wasn't long later that she started crying. John went up, changed her diaper, wrapped her up & lay her down. Still a no go. I went back up & tried rocking her. Every time she would stop crying & close her eyes they'd snap back open & she would start wailing. Finally I just took her over to our room, wrapped her up again, lay her in the pack n play, turned the fan on & laid down on the bed. She cried. But this time she ended up going to sleep. I snuck out of the room & downstairs. This nap also lasted for about 30 minutes. ~Sigh~ Short naps= cranky baby. Fast forward to her 3rd nap of the day (unusual). I again took her up to her bedroom where I wrapped her up & rocked her. She's a fighter all the way- she even complains as she's drifting off to sleep. Anyway, I got her to sleep & I lay her down in the crib. Yay!! Her first nap in her crib :-D

And now some pictures to enjoy:

PapPap Williams


Grandma Williams







Making a funny smile face

Comments

Ashley Rawlings said…
OMG Liz, that last picture... She is making a TOTAL JOHN FACE!!!!! That is sooooo funny.

Look at those smiles for your Mommy... how sweet :)
Mom said…
Don't feel bad. I'll take any Delilah time cuz any time with her is better than none. On Tuesdays at work, one of my co-workers or boss will say "It's Delilah Day". Renee said it on "Fat Tuesday" and I thought she was going to say today is donut day! Love the pics!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gosh I suck

Lucky Stars Jewelry Giveaway