Big Girl Bed
The past few days Delilah's been saying she wants to lay in her bed. So we lay in her bed & ask her if she wants to sleep her in bed (either at naptime or bedtime). She always responds yes but then when we get ready to leave she insists on being put in her crib. Last night she wanted to lay in her bed before bedtime and I assumed it'd be more of the same. But she actually insisted that she stay in the bed- I was very surprised. Now I did have to stay with her until she fell asleep but I didn't mind... I'm sure it's scary going from a safe, enclosed area to a big open space. Just to be on the safe side so she wouldn't fall out I put some pillows beside her. Before bed I went to check on her but I put up the safety gate first. I made so much noise trying to get that blasted thing to go right I woke her up. Luckily she went right back to sleep after I asked her if she was ok & told her that mommy would be in her room should she need me. And this morning after she woke up she didn't even get out of the bed- she waited for me to come get her. Big girl!
Comments